Advocacy & Awareness Campaigns
At Eat Better South Africa, we are committed to advocating for the reformation of our country’s food policies and promoting healthier lifestyles for all citizens. Our aim is to reduce the financial burden that non-communicable diseases place on our public healthcare and food security systems. We achieve this through impactful advocacy campaigns and behavioral change initiatives.
World Diabetes Day #KnowYourNumber Campaign
Our #KnowYourNumber Campaign on World Diabetes Day is designed to raise awareness about diabetes, its complications, and preventive measures.
Here are some key facts about this serious illness:
- Approximately 420 million people worldwide are affected by type 2 diabetes.
- In South Africa, around 3.5 million people suffered from diabetes in 2018.
- Health expenditure for diabetes in adults is projected to increase by 50% between 2010 and 2030 in South Africa.
- Type 2 diabetes occurs when the pancreas produces insufficient insulin or when insulin does not work effectively.
- Alarmingly, about 76% of diabetes-related deaths in South Africa occur in individuals younger than 60 years of age.
Through our #KnowYourNumber Campaign, we strive to educate communities, promote preventative measures, and empower individuals to take control of their health.
We appreciate your help
Connect with us if you want to participate in our advocacy and awareness campaigns as we work towards a healthier and more informed South Africa. Together, we can make a difference in reducing the impact of diabetes and improving overall well-being.
Together we empower communities to eat better so they can live better.